South Carolina Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
Promoting Healthy, Active Lifestyles!
SOUTH CAROLINA ALLIANCE FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL
EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
ROBERT HAMPTON SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Award Amount up to $2000
Deadline to apply is May 22, 2019
The qualifications for the applicant are as follows:
1. Is enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at his/her university when the scholarship is awarded.
2. Must be at least a second semester junior or have completed 75 credit hours (senior year candidate) with a cumulative GPA or 3.0 or higher.
3. Serves as a positive role model for the profession and his/her peers.
4. Assumes responsibility for his/her professional growth.
5. Shows evidence of professional commitment through membership and involvement in local, state and national organizations.
6. Has a financial need for the scholarship as determined by the Scholarship Committee.
1. Any student who is a current member of SCAHPERD may apply for the scholarship.
2. The application must be submitted in typewritten form following the format of the official application.
3. The Scholarship Committee shall complete the selection process by June 30th and will report results to the Alliance President.
4. The Executive Director will distribute the scholarship funds to the recipients by August 15th.
5. The Alliance President or the Chair of the Scholarship committee shall recognize the scholarship recipient(s) at the SCAHPERD luncheon during the annual conference.