2018 SCDA Scholarship Audition Information
2018 South Carolina Dance Association Scholarship Audition
March 17, 2018
Governor’s School for the Arts, Greenville, SC
SCHOLARSHIP AUDITION INFORMATION
High School Teachers and Students
College Professors and Dance Majors
Audition classes will be held on Saturday, March 17, 2018, from 9:30 am – 10:45am on the campus of the Governor’s School for the Arts
Herein, please find information regarding the Scholarship Auditions for the 2018 SCDAncing Festival for Saturday, March 17, 2018.
- There will be 1 audition class that will be scheduled to take place from 9:30am – 10:45am. If you are planning to send students to these auditions, please make appropriate travel plans to ensure arrival in time for your scheduled audition time.
- Students will participate in classes consisting of ballet and modern techniques. There will also be a brief Improvisation element at the end of the Modern segment. All college and high school level students will take the same class together. Each level will where a different colored number.
- The College Scholarships and SCDA Scholarship are open only to students currently in the 12th grade. Students in 10th and 11th grade may audition but will not be considered for the scholarships. However, 10th and 11th grade students may be recruited by the colleges in attendance. 9th Grade students may not audition.
- The College SCDA Scholarship is open to any current college dance major to be used at their current institution.
Student Scholarship Application forms are due by March 1, 2018
Application should be sent to:
Ashlee Ratigan, Festival Coordinator
341 East Story Bush Lane
Inman, SC 29349
The SCDA Scholarship is $500. Two will be offered at the festival. One to a high school senior planning to major in dance at an in state dance program, and one to a current dance major.
- Some students will receive acceptance into a program that may or may not be accompanied by a scholarship.
- Appropriate audition attire is required.
- Recruiters will contact auditioning students via the audition call board (notice board outside the Audition room) if they wish to speak to them. They might also contact the head teacher. All such conferences should be completed by end of the day on Saturday.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Any further questions regarding the Scholarship Auditions should be directed to Ashlee Ratigan at email@example.com.
Good luck! We look forward to seeing you in Greenville.